Annie's brother Josh recently won the L. Ron Hubbard Illustators of the Future Contest. He was flown out to LA and we got to drive up and see him. Here are a few of the picures from the night.
It was at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel in the same room that they held the first Oscar awards in 1920 something.
This is Josh and Jordan. Josh illustrated the picture for Jordan's story. They were quarterly winners.
This is Josh mingling before the awards ceremony. I think he was too nervous to sit down.
This is Josh actually receiving the award. The guy that presented him with the award is the special effects person that sank the Titanic and did something with the USS Enterprise on Star Trek. He seemed pretty cool, we got to visit with him before dinner.
This is Josh giving his awards speech.
This is Josh much happier after he was done with his award speech.
This the book that the stories and illustrations are published in. Annie and I got free copies.
It was a really fun evening, but a long drive home. It would have been nice to just stay at the hotel that night, but we couldn't spare the $360 for a room.
Click on the illustration for his website.

1 comments:
well hey!! thats kinda cool...so ben I have been having trouble getting links to work in my posts, maybe you can help me? what am I doing wrong?
Post a Comment